Start a new topic

Is there not a custom library for shared songs/presets?

I've been extracting stems from tunes i like and I can load them on just using the app (without using python for coding). The only issue I have is the loops just stop instead of repeating, but I'm sure I'll figure this out. 

Surely by now we should have access to a library from other users? (only because I'm already getting bored of cutting my own samples lol)

I feel Artiphon are missing out on sales only due to the limitations on the device...? It's easily one of the best innovative controllers out there and I think crushing the limitations will only increase sales massively.

Just a thought :)

For each loop there is a loopStart and and a loopEnd parameter in the preset xml - the values are number of each sampling within the sample, not a time value. There are no options - sounds will start at the sample start and looping starts at the loopEnd point defined when it goes back to loopStart point. I'm not sure that you can successfully loop from the beginning to the sample to it's end point. (It's not how Artiphon used it in there own presets and I have followed that since it works.) There has been a thread created in this forum for sharing presets, and some more may been posted in other threads. Sadly, there has been less offered than you may hope. There were people sharing what they had learnt about how presets worked and could be manipulated but that has pretty much died out.

It may not be possible to create your own stems. Artiphon do not support us making them, and they only support making presets using their provided tools, which are of limited use.

And yes, IMHO they are missing out by not encouraging us to do other things, and they have made it harder in Chords recently.

It is possible to create what I think of as mini-stems using the drum mode preset, but it is not straight forward and takes some work to achieve, and, of course, it is limited especially for the Orba 2, a bit better for the Chorda. I have only recently been trying it but there is potential to do some interesting things with it.

@Sam Allen - re-reading your post I presume you are loading samples through the Preset Creator. And I think you are hoping to chop the sample for different pads. This can't be done - for a moment I thought it might be, but I've realised it won't work. All you can do is make each "chop" as a separate sample and build them into a single preset (lead or bass, Chord mode presets other problems) - you can only do that by making a preset by hand.

. The problem is that the Orba 2 will shift the pitches and in doing so change the BPM. Only the Drum presets don't do this (though they can be made to to some degree). I don't think anyone has worked out how to make working Stems, which combine four presets into one Stem and handles them differently to usual presets. Artiphon don't want to let us make stems - possibly for a good reason. (I have not been interested in stems, I did start to try to make one once but I found there was a problem doing it that I couldn't figure out.)

Sorry that's not what you want to hear.

Login or Signup to post a comment